About Law Essentials
Law Essentials is a student-run initiative by a group of inquisitive law student having a penumbral idea about the application of the law in day to day life. We strive to build a platform that can actively bridge the gap between academia and the legal industry. We provide various opportunities for a law student to hone their skills.
1. Investigation of Companies- powers of Central government.
2. Shareholders activism as a tool for improving corporate governance
3. Striking off Name of a Company: The Jurisdictional Issue
4. Fiduciary duty of independent directors: Need for corporate literacy?
5. Implications of Kotak Committee Report on Corporate governance in India
6. Issues and Challenges pertaining to Corporate Social Responsibility in the view of Companies Act 2013
7. Claw Back clauses in Employment contracts: A new tool to fight corporate misfeasance
7.A. Indian Perspective
8. New Pricing of Preferential Allotments
9. The Contractual and tortuous liability of a company
10. The Criminal Liability of a company
• The word limit for the Manuscript is 1500 words including abstract not exceeding 200 words. (The word limit is exclusive of the endnotes)
• All submissions must be in Garamond, font size 12, spacing 1.5 & the endnotes should be in Garamond 10, single-spaced and the submissions must be in ‘.doc’or ‘.docx’ word format.
• Margins: Left 1.5 Inch, Right 1 Inch, Top 1 Inch, and Bottom 1 Inch.
•The in-text reference style has to be followed.
• The manuscript should be accompanied by a cover letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institute, contact number, and email for future reference. (Authors are requested not to put their name anywhere in the main manuscript).
• The manuscripts must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject of the e-mail should be titled “Submission for Law essential Blog Series”.
• The last date for the Submission of the Blog is 30th November, 2020.
• Entries that will be selected after the review stages shall be published on the Law Essentials Website. The communication of acceptance shall be made within 5 working days after the submission of the manuscript.
• Co-authorship of a maximum of 2 persons is permitted and there is no publication fee.
• The manuscripts not abiding by the above guidelines are liable to be rejected.
Upon submitting a blog:
• The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions, or views stated in the submitted Manuscript.
• All moral rights shall vest with the author(s).
• The Editorial Board shall retains the complete discretion over the Acceptance and Rejection of the Final Manuscript.
• In case of gross plagiarism found in the contents of the submitted manuscript, the manuscript shall be subject to rejection. (The limit for the same is 15% excluding endnotes).
• Copyright of all blog posts shall remain with Law Essentials.
• After the acceptance of the Manuscript, the same shall not be published on any other platform.
The author would receive an E-Certificate upon the Publication of the Blog.
WhatsApp on +91-9632322022